Custom Search

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playing mp3 and wma on Fedora

Playing mp3 and wma on Fedora
The default distribution of Fedora can’t supply the required library & player to play mp3 & wma files due their copyright & licensing issues.
But I can play it easily by installing three packages.
I have used the command “yum install xmms xmms-mp3 xmms-wma” to install the player and library.
Now I can play those files.
Run “xmms” from any terminal & open the file to be played.
I have created a link to xmms on my Desktop.
Note: If you fail to install it using “yum”, you can download the latest packages from http://freshrpms.net/packages/ , and then you can install them manually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, but how can I play mpeg, VCD/DVD files?
Can you tell?

--Illias B.

Anonymous said...

Is there any way to convert wma to mp3 in Fedora?

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com